Massage therapy is the hands-on mobilization of soft tissue
Manual soft tissue techniques for the muscles and connective tissues have numerous therapeutic effects. These include the reduction of swelling and scarring, relief of muscle spasms, and increase blood and lymphatic circulation.Through manual pressure and touch techniques on soft tissue throughout the body, joints can be aligned, becoming more functional and pain-free.
- trigger point release
- manual lymphatic drainage
- myofascial release
- deep tissue
Massage can be helpful to relieve:
- chronic and acute back and neck pain.
- chronic and acute extremity pain
- pain due to osteoarthritis.
Massage for fibromyalgia
Massage therapy may help temporarily reduce pain, fatigue, and other symptoms associated with fibromyalgia. It is important that the massage therapy not cause pain.
Massage for headaches
Massage may help temporarily reduce pain and stress in the neck and back that can lead to tension headaches.
MORE TO CONSIDER
- Do not use massage therapy to replace conventional care or to postpone seeing a physical therapist or doctor about a medical problem.
- If you have a medical condition and are unsure whether massage therapy would be appropriate for you, discuss your concerns with your healthcare provider.
- Tell all your health care providers about any complementary and integrative health approaches you use. Give them a full picture of what you do to manage your health. This will ensure coordinated and safe care.
To learn more about our therapeutic massage services,
please contact us or call 541-386-1211.