KAATSU/blood flow modification rehab benefits:
- reduced injury recovery time
- repair, building and rebalancing of muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- avoiding muscle atrophy
- non- and low-impact exercise places no strain on injured bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons
- very beneficial for post-op patients with weight and/or movement restrictions
Whether you are just beginning your rehabilitation or completing your road to recovery, KAATSU can help to unprecedented levels.
KAATSU performance benefits:
- increased raw speed and improved reaction time
- added muscular strength and size (as desired)
- improved stamina and VO2 max
- improved fine motor control with specific athletic movements
Whether you are recovering from an injury or surgery, or just beginning or competing at the highest levels of your sport, KAATSU can enhance your rehabilitation and training as well as improve your overall performance levels.
How It Works
Blood Flow Moderation
- KAATSU safely reduces venous flow, leading blood to pool in your limbs longer than normal.
- During KAATSU capillaries lengthen and expand to help improve circulation and vascular elasticity.
Nitric Oxide Production
- KAATSU leads to production of VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) and nitric oxide in the body.
- Nitric oxide allows blood vessels to constrict and relax, and also regulates the inflammatory cells in the blood vessel walls.
- Lactic acid builds up in the muscle causing the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormone
- Growth hormone is secreted in large amounts activating the body’s metabolism
The KAATSU equipment applies moderate compression on the upper arms and upper legs. The pneumatic KAATSU air bands serve the opposite function of a tourniquet (i.e., it helps blood in the limbs, not out of the limbs). This engorges the limbs with blood that leads to a cascade of safe and natural physiological reactions in the body.